2022 SPARCC Patient forum
Join us for the 2022 SPARCC Spondyloarthritis Patient Forum in conjunction with the Spondyloarthritis Research Consortium of Canada – and our very special guests, Dr. Robert Inman, Dr. Nigil Haroon and Laura Passalent. Each of these experts provided excellent and informative presentations, followed by a panel style Q&A session where many questions from members of the community were addressed.
2022 SPARCC Patient Forum lineup:
- Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto;
- Deputy Physician in Chief, Research, Medicine, University Health Network (UHN)
- Co-Director, Schroeder Arthritis Institute, UHN;
- Director, Spondylitis Program, UHN – Toronto Western Hospital
- Associate Professor of Medicine and Rheumatology, University of Toronto;
- Clinician Scientist and Attending Physician, Division head – Rheumatology,
- University Health Network & Mt. Sinai Hospital;
- Scientist, Krembil Research Institute; Schroeder Arthritis Institute
- Co-Director, Spondylitis Program, UHN – Toronto Western Hospital
- Physiotherapist Practitioner, Clinician Investigator, Schroeder Arthritis Institute,
- Krembil Research Institute, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network;
- Associate Program Director, Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care Program (ACPAC)
- Centre for Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Topics that were covered:
- What is the cause of AS?
- Why does it take so long for AS patients to be diagnosed?
- What’s new on the treatment landscape for AS?
- Why is exercise the cornerstone of managing AS?
Watch the recording
For those who were able to join us, we hope you found the session valuable! If you were not able to join live – we have a recording available here: