Amir Nekooei, a CSA member living with AxSpA, has suggested 10 Tips for Minimizing Morning Stiffness in Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) and provide a daily boost.
Axial pondyloarthritis (AxSpA) is a chronic autoimmune disease that can cause consistent pain and stiffness in the back and joints and hinder mobility. Living with AxSpA can be very challenging, making it difficult to move around and complete simple tasks such as getting dressed or taking a shower.
Amir’s 10 Tips for Minimizing Morning Stiffness in Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA)
In the morning
1. Start by stretching before getting out of bed in the morning. This can help to loosen up the muscles and reduce stiffness.
2. Take a warm shower or bath to help relax the muscles and improve blood flow. Avoid using very hot water, as this can make stiffness worse.
3. After getting out of the shower, apply a heating pad or warm compress to the affected areas to help reduce stiffness.
4. As you get dressed, take your time and avoid any sudden movements that may cause discomfor
Throughout the day
6. Take any medications prescribed by your doctor to help reduce inflammation and pain.
7. Avoid activities that may exacerbate stiffness, such as standing or sitting for extended periods of time
9. Engage in regular exercise, such as walking or swimming, to help improve flexibility and overall health.
10. Talk to your doctor about other potential treatments or lifestyle changes that may help to minimize morning stiffness.
10 Tips for Minimizing Morning Stiffness in Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) – Summary
Living with AxSpA can be difficult, but with the right treatment plan and lifestyle changes, it is possible to manage symptoms and improve overall quality of life.
It is important to work closely with a healthcare provider to create a regular treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs and to seek support from friends, family, and support groups. A treatment plan may include medications to reduce inflammation and pain, as well as physical therapy to improve mobility and flexibility.
Other lifestyle changes that can help to manage AxSpA symptoms and improve overall health include maintaining a healthy diet, avoiding foods that may trigger inflammation, and engaging in regular exercise to strengthen muscles. It is also helpful to get enough rest and avoid activities that may exacerbate symptoms.
By remembering these 10 Tips for Minimizing Morning Stiffness in Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA), those living with AxSpA can continue to lead active and fulfilling lives.