GIFTS OF PUBLICLY TRADED SECURITIES
It’s easy to make a gift of publicly traded securities, mutual funds or stocks. A gift of this nature offers both you and the charity immediate benefits.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A GIFT OF PUBLICLY TRADED SECURITIES:
- Tax advantages:
- By transferring your securities directly to Canadian Spondylitis Association, you eliminate the capital gains tax
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock upon transfer
- If your donation exceeds the amount eligible for a tax credit in the year your gift is made, the excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years
- Reduce taxes to your estate: If you leave publicly traded securities to CSA through your will, your taxable capital gain may be eliminated and your estate many claim a tax credit of up to 100% of your net annual income in the year of death and the year preceding
- The spondyloarthritis community receives immediate benefits from your generosity.
HOW TO GIVE A GIFT OF SECURITIES:
To make a gift of securities, please contact CSA’s Executive Director email@example.com to discuss details.
We encourage anyone considering a gift of securities to seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided here is not intended as legal or tax advice.
Information for Donors
Canadian Spondylitis Association
2967 Dundas Street West #1208
Charitable Registration Number: 857151021RR0001
Phone: 1 (866) 989-8787
Other ways to donate to the Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association
Legacy and Estate Gifts
Legacy gifts, sometimes referred to as planned giving, ensure that there is a better future for people living with spondyloarthritis, where Canadians are properly diagnosed in a timely manner, have access to the treatment options they deserve and can be part of a thriving, active SpA community in Canada.
Legacy gifts, such as leaving a contribution in your will are an easy way to help The Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association grow its impact and continue to produce educational programs, advocate on behalf of the SpA community and support research for generations to come.
Types of Legacy Giving
There are many legacy giving options available that make leaving a legacy for the spondyloarthritis community a reality for many Canadians.
INFORMATION FOR LEGAL AND FINANCIAL ADVISORS
If you have a client who is considering a legacy gift for Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association, we are here to work with you to ensure that everyone’s best interests are achieved, and that your client can be assured that their final wishes are achieved in the best way possible.
Please contact us at any time in the process. The following is some basic organizational information, but we are available to discuss anything specific at any time.