Gifts of Life Insurance
Did you know that it is possible to designate the Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association as a beneficiary of your life insurance? Doing so is a simple and realistic way for many to make a significant contribution to the cause. A small financial commitment today can make a huge difference down the road.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A GIFT OF LIFE INSURANCE:
- A gift of life insurance does not reduce the value of your estate for your loved ones.
- Life insurance proceeds are paid directly to CSA and are not subject to probate and estate fees.
- The Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association will issue a charitable tax receipt for any proceeds received after death. This charitable tax receipt creates a tax credit on your final tax return, which benefits your family and other beneficiaries.
LIFE INSURANCE OPTIONS:
- Name Canadian Spondylitis Association as the owner and beneficiary of a policy. Pay the premiums and receive a charitable income tax receipt.
- Transfer a paid up life insurance policy to CSA by naming the organization as the irrevocable owner/beneficiary. Receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of the policy upon receipt.
- Gift an existing policy on which premiums are still being paid by transferring ownership to CSA. Receive a charitable tax receipt from CSA for all future premium payments.
- Retain ownership of your policy and name Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association as the direct beneficiary. Your estate will receive a tax receipt for the value of the policy.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1 (866) 989-8787.
We encourage anyone considering a planned gift to seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided here is not intended as legal or tax advice. We can work with you and your financial and/or legal advisors to ensure that your legacy giving wishes are fulfilled in a way that is best for you and your other beneficiaries.
Information for Donors
Canadian Spondylitis Association
2967 Dundas Street West #1208
Charitable Registration Number: 857151021RR0001
Phone: 1 (866) 989-8787
Other ways to donate to the Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association
Legacy and Estate Gifts
Legacy gifts, sometimes referred to as planned giving, ensure that there is a better future for people living with spondyloarthritis, where Canadians are properly diagnosed in a timely manner, have access to the treatment options they deserve and can be part of a thriving, active SpA community in Canada.
Legacy gifts, such as leaving a contribution in your will are an easy way to help The Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association grow its impact and continue to produce educational programs, advocate on behalf of the SpA community and support research for generations to come.
Types of Legacy Giving
There are many legacy giving options available that make leaving a legacy for the spondyloarthritis community a reality for many Canadians.
INFORMATION FOR LEGAL AND FINANCIAL ADVISORS
If you have a client who is considering a legacy gift for Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association, we are here to work with you to ensure that everyone’s best interests are achieved, and that your client can be assured that their final wishes are achieved in the best way possible.
Please contact us at any time in the process. The following is some basic organizational information, but we are available to discuss anything specific at any time.