A bequest is the easiest and most common type of legacy gift. It is a commitment of support made through your will without affecting your current financial situation. You simply name Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association as a beneficiary of all, or a portion of your assets when you write or update your will.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A BEQUEST:
- Your cash resources won’t be affected now or while you need them
- You retain full control of your assets during your lifetime
- The beneficiary designation is revocable meaning it can be changed if your financial and/or life circumstances change
- The final taxes to be paid on your estate may be significantly reduced, which can be a great advantage for your heirs and a comfort to you
There are different types of bequests so you can choose the one that best suits your circumstance and wishes. You can donate a specific gift amount, or contribute all or a percentage of your estate’s assets to Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association.
- Residual Bequest: designates all or a percentage of what remains in your estate after all debts, taxes administrative expenses and specific bequests have been paid or distributed
- Specific Bequest: designates a stated sum of money or specific piece of property, such as securities or real estate
- Contingent Bequest: only takes effect if the primary intention cannot be met (e.g. if the named beneficiary does not survive the donor)
Before you draft your will, please notify CSA of your intention to make a bequest to ensure that all information is accurate. If you have already included CSA in your will, please let us know. Your intentions will be treated confidentially.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1 (866) 989-8787.
We encourage anyone considering a planned gift to seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided here is not intended as legal or tax advice. We can work with you and your financial and/or legal advisors to ensure that your legacy giving wishes are fulfilled in a way that is best for you and your other beneficiaries.
Information for Donors
Canadian Spondylitis Association
2967 Dundas Street West #1208
Charitable Registration Number: 857151021RR0001
Phone: 1 (866) 989-8787
Other ways to donate to the Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association
Legacy and Estate Gifts
Legacy gifts, sometimes referred to as planned giving, ensure that there is a better future for people living with spondyloarthritis, where Canadians are properly diagnosed in a timely manner, have access to the treatment options they deserve and can be part of a thriving, active SpA community in Canada.
Legacy gifts, such as leaving a contribution in your will are an easy way to help The Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association grow its impact and continue to produce educational programs, advocate on behalf of the SpA community and support research for generations to come.
Types of Legacy Giving
There are many legacy giving options available that make leaving a legacy for the spondyloarthritis community a reality for many Canadians.
INFORMATION FOR LEGAL AND FINANCIAL ADVISORS
If you have a client who is considering a legacy gift for Canadian Spondyloarthritis Association, we are here to work with you to ensure that everyone’s best interests are achieved, and that your client can be assured that their final wishes are achieved in the best way possible.
Please contact us at any time in the process. The following is some basic organizational information, but we are available to discuss anything specific at any time.